Thai Green Curry!
Who doesn’t like Thai food? This recipe brought by my friends at PETA, brings all of the wonderful and aromatic Thai flavors such as lemon grass, ginger, coriander, red & green peppers and more. You can substitute fennel and more red shallots if you don’t want to use cumin seeds. Most Thais would go that route. Let us know what you think.
2 Tbsp. chopped lemon grass
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1 Tbsp. grated galangal (baby ginger)
1 Tbsp. chopped coriander root
4 garlic cloves
10 green Thai peppers or 4 green Indian chilies
2 Tbsp. groundnut oil
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup chopped button or shiitake mushrooms
1 cup okra
1 cup chopped snow peas, parboiled
1 cup chopped carrots, parboiled
1 cup chopped broccoli, parboiled
1 cup chopped tofu
Salt, to taste
3 Tbsp. coconut milk
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 cup water
6 fresh lime leaves
15 fresh Thai basil leaves
• In a food processor, grind the lemon grass, cumin seeds, galangal, coriander root, garlic cloves, and Thai peppers or Indian chilies into a smooth paste.
• Heat the oil and sauté the peppers, mushrooms, and okra.
• Add the snow peas, carrots, broccoli, and tofu and stir for a couple of minutes.
• Add the salt, coconut milk, sugar, and lemon grass paste.
• Add the water and bring to a boil.
• Add the lime leaves and basil leaves. Serve hot with steamed rice.